Laundry Service Details:
- The price for laundry service (“service fee”) is $19/bag/week.
- Semester rates and group rates are available and, if applicable and discussed ahead of time with customer, will be applied.
- All laundry bags must be able to close securely with the drawstring. Any laundry bag which is filled beyond capacity and cannot be closed will be subject to an overfill fee of $10.
- The laundry service can be utilized on a weekly or bi-weekly schedule, chosen by customer.
- Extraordinary Ventures, Inc. (“EV”) will use best efforts to accommodate customer’s preferred pick-up and drop-off days. However, EV reserves the right to determine the pick-up and drop-off times or reschedule at its own discretion with reasonable advance notice to customer.
- Currently, EV Laundry does not include starch/detergent selections or major stain removal treatment through its wash/dry/fold service. However, through our dry cleaning and/or launder and press services, a customer may request such treatment.
Damage and Liability:
EV will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that the laundry service provided is of the highest quality. However, EV will not be held responsible for the following:
- Any clothing that bleeds, shrinks, or otherwise changes as a result of normal washing.
- Any materials that require special attention. These include, but are not limited to, clothing labeled “hand wash only” or “dry clean only.” It is the customer’s responsibility to check the labels on each garment before giving them to into EV’s care. It is the customer’s responsibility to withhold all articles of clothing he or she deems too delicate or sensitive for normal washing/drying.
- Any personal or non-washable items, such as money or jewelry, left in the clothing or in the laundry bag itself. EV will not check garments for these items but will make reasonable efforts to return such items if found.
- EV will use its own discretion as to the best practice of folding unique, overlarge, or difficult articles of clothing. EV cannot guarantee fold quality for such items.
- EV does not guarantee the removal of all stains.
EV will not be responsible for any clothing damaged while outside of our possession. This includes loss, damage, or theft of clothing left unattended for pick-up or drop-of, whether left by the customer or an employee of EV. Customer agrees to use due diligence to carefully inspect their clothing to note stains and/or the amount of articles he/she placed in the bag. Furthermore, he/she is to use due diligence to inspect the bag they pick up to make sure it is their own. By understanding and agreement, laundry bags are placed in communal areas by customer and EV employees. Any lost or damaged items must be reported to EV by e-mail or mail within 5 business days of the receipt of that particular delivery (E-mails can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Extraordinary Ventures, Inc., Attn: EV Laundry Customer Service, 200 S Elliott Rd. Chapel Hill, NC 27514). Failure to report lost or damaged items will constitute a waiver of any claim against EV for any lost or damaged items from that particular delivery.
EV’s liability under this agreement shall be limited to general money damages in an amount not exceeding the amount of the service paid by Customer in the period under which the damages are alleged to have occurred. The preceding statement of liability shall be the extent of EV’s liability regardless of the form in which any legal or equitable action may be brought and the foregoing shall constitute Customer’s exclusive remedy. In no event shall EV be held liable or responsible for any consequential, special, indirect, incidental, or punitive loss or damages whether or not EV knew or should have known of the likelihood of any loss or damages. EV disclaims all warranties express or implied with respect to the services rendered under this agreement.
Pre-payment of at least one month ahead of time is required for any customer wishing to utilize the EV Laundry service. Multiple month or whole semester pre-payments plans are available. Payment for EV laundry service is by credit card (payment method) only. Customer’s payment method will be charged at the beginning of every month, if paying monthly. The customer may cancel their service between months. Customers will not be refunded any amount for under-usage of services. Customer agrees to promptly update EV in the event that their credit card number or account is changed or closed.
Campus customers: Your EV Laundry service will continue semester- to-semester unless and until you cancel your service or we terminate it. You must cancel your service before it renews each semester (on the first day of the semester) in order to avoid billing of the next semester’s service fee to your Payment Method. We will bill the charge for the semester to the Payment Method you provide to us during registration (or to a different Payment Method if you change your account information). Service Fee is fully earned upon payment. If the customer terminates the service within the first six (6) weeks of service, EV Laundry will issue a full refund less amounts due for the number of week(s) already into semester. Customers are not refunded for any amount for under-usage of services.
Residential customers: Your EV Laundry service will continue month- to-month unless and until you cancel your service or we terminate it. You must cancel your service before it renews each month (on the first day of the month) in order to avoid billing of the next month’s service fee to your Payment Method. We will bill the charge for the month to the Payment Method you provide to us during registration (or to a different Payment Method if you change your account information). Service Fee is fully earned upon payment. Customers are not refunded for any amount for under-usage of services.
Services are provided subject to your compliance and acceptance with the terms set forth above. By signing below, Customer agrees that they have carefully read the foregoing contract and further agrees without exception to abide by all the stated policies, rules and regulations contained therein.